The Chic Organisation - Chic - Vinyl Box
Abbey Road Studios
Delivery from US $45.92
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- In Stock
- Product code
- Vinyl Box Set
THE CHIC ORGANIZATION 1977-1979 will be released on 6-disc half-speed mastered 180 gram vinyl, bringing together for the very first time Nile and Bernard’s full 70’s output, and features four albums, an exclusive bonus disc which compiles all the additional single-only 12” mixes and 7” edits. Exclusive to the vinyl box is a reissue of the Buddah Records 12” promo of "Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)” which features the original mix of the track by Disco DJ Tom Savarese.
The full box set contents are:
- Disc 1: CHIC / CHIC (1977)
- Disc 2: CHIC / C’est CHIC (1978)
- Disc 3: Sister Sledge / We Are Family (1979)
- Disc 4: CHIC / Risqué (1979)
- Disc 5 (LP only): CHIC / Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah) Buddah Records 12” promotional single
- Disc 6: CHIC / Original ’77-’79 Remixes & Edits (new and exclusive to the box sets)
The audio for THE CHIC ORGANIZATION 1977-1979 has been remastered from the original Atlantic stereo tapes by Miles Showell at the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in London, with Miles also overseeing the half-speed mastering for the vinyl. As executive producer for the reissue, Nile Rodgers has personally overseen all elements of the audio remastering process.
All original vinyl sleeve artwork is faithfully replicated. The set includes a booklet with brand new liner notes by esteemed US and UK music writers Touré and Paul Morley.